Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Thunderstorms....

There are two things about Texas that I do not love -
1.  The bugs, they are big and yucky and everywhere.  Let's just say thank heavens for pest control! 
2.  The possibility of Tornados

Two weeks ago we had a huge storm and Tornados warnings and some crazy Thunderstorms and Hail.  It was a bit freaky. The thunderstorms here are Wild and since we had maybe 2 the whole time we lived in California it has taken a bit to get used to them.  Brooklynn and Josh are TERRIFIED of them.  If I open the front door or anything during a storm Josh starts to cry and screams at me to come in and close it. 

So the night of the storm the kids were really worried.  I let them stay up until they could see on the radar that the threat of tornado had passed us by.  Since the only thing on TV was storm coverage they learned to read the the radar. 

Thankfully they were all sound asleep when the next storm came through and the hail and thunder didn't wake them up!  Because lets me honest it was completely freaking me out!

1 comment:

Kacey said...

They're awesome! Give it some time...you'll learn to love them! (minus the tornado threats)