Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I'm Still Not Ready!

Here we are half a week into summer vacation and I am not ready.  I'm not sure if it is living somewhere new and not being super familiar with everything or if I just was not prepared to be the Entertainer Extrodonair or if I just wasn't ready to have my kids home 24/7.  Or maybe just maybe it is the fact that in Fresno I could escape the heat and go to So. Cal or out to Pismo or even drive to Utah without it taking forever, but here there is no escaping, no where to go to cool down for a day or two and driving to Utah takes too long for my liking.  I can't quite put my finger on it but every morning this week I have woken up and thought "Oh crap, here we go again!"  I have a bad attitude to start the summer!  The funny thing is that the week has been good, the kids have been great and we've even gone swimming everyday, well except for Monday because we cleaned the house.  The kids love having access to a pool and it is a good way to tire them out and get out of the house. 

Noah has been especially adorable.  He LOVES to Cee (swim) and LOVES to go unner (under) the water.  I'll dunk him and then he'll start saying, "unner, Unner"  until I dunk him again.  He is so funny.  Today we went to run some errands and JLo's song  'Get on the Floor' came on the radio, when I got him out of the car he was trying to sing, "Get on the floor"  Haha, it was so funny.  Then tonight when I took him in to get in the tub he was picking some dirty clothes out of the basket and holding them up to himself and saying, "Tute" (cute).  He also just a minute ago figured out he can climb up onto the barstools.  He is such a monkey, but I love him!

Brookie is taking swimming lessons to refine her skills - she despises the Butterfly, but has to learn it anyway.  She is cute and loves to swim.

Tater took swimming lessons up until last week and he is already swimming by himself!  I'm going to put him back in so he can start learning strokes.  He is such a fish and it is a wonder he isn't a complete Lobster because I can't get him out of the pool and dry enought to reapply sunscreen.  My kids all love to swim, but Tater has a special fondness for it!

And as for T - he is the best!  He is my helper. He loves to swim with Noah and take for trips around the pool.  He too is a fish as always!  I was going to sign him up for swim club forgot, so he is just going to chill this summer until football starts in August, and boy is he EXCITED he gets to play football this year!

OH summer, please be kind to us! 

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Sounds like you've figured it out. Seriously, having access to a pool is the key to survival there in the summer. That is all we did everyday growing up...pool, pool, pool. :-)