Sunday, May 30, 2010

SECOND PLACE


Tyler's Pinewood Derby was this last week.  He and Steve spent hours and days working on his car.  After not winning a single race last year, they made a goal for this year - WIN 1, just 1, RACE.  They set their sights high....  Well after a week of dilligently working on the car a few paint jobs and much boy bonding time, they won more than just 1 race, they won 2nd overall.  Tyler was very pleased and although Steve wasn't there for all the excitement he too was very excited. 

The car - We named it THE BULLET


I must make mention of the fact that because Steve was not there, at the race, I mean.  Me, the Mother, had to take care of the very important Graphite on the wheels, and the weigh in.  I had to add weights and because of my expertise his car weighed in at exactly 5g.  Ya baby!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun!! Love Pine Wood Derby...Congrats on such and awesome car!! :)

Marilee said...

Yeah for Ty! It's so exciting to win! This year I attended my first Pinewood Derby. Yep! Spencer made it through Cubs only attending ONE derby (it was always during Spring Break when we were out of town). The one Derby he made it too, Colton took him cause Adam and I were gone! HA! So this year I went as a leader and by golly, it was kind of fun! I'm getting excited for Garett to be in it next year! LOL!

Julie Miller said...

I LOVE cub cars! So much fun. The bullet looks pretty fierce.

Nicole said...

cool car! Well done mom! and dad!