Sunday, May 30, 2010

No Baseball and a Family Excursion

Tyler opted out of baseball this year.  I can't say I was really all that upset about it, okay I'll be honest, I was SOOOOOO Happy!  Around here, this is kind of a baseball town,  baseball means lots of practices and games.  Instead, he played in a competitive basketball league.  It was a great experience and the improvement he made and all the things he learned were fantastic.  His team was not the best, but his coach was fantastic.  Coach Hank or 'THE Hank' as we liked to call him around here was great with Ty and the rest of the team. 

A couple weeks ago Steve and I decided to load up the troops and head up to the mountains for a cookout and a little fishing.  Because of my very excellent 'OUTDOOR' skills, I threw together some tinfoil dinners and off we went.  It was a great evening and despite a very unhappy baby, we all had a good time, good food and some great family bonding.  It was a little chilly, but it was beautiful and it was great to get out of town, even if it was only for a few hours.

Tater's little snooze on the way up to the mountains.  I love his 'old man' glasses in this one

Tyler working dilligently to start a fire using a flint - he was successful.

Me and mine baby. 

My cute Brookie.
(My tinfoil dinners were not hotdogs, but we did bring some of those along too.)

No comments: