Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Good Mommy Moments!

Sometimes it seems that the Good Mommy Moments, you know the ones where you think wow this is worth it, wow I must be doing something right, are few and far between. It seems the mundane routine, the discipline, the homework, the breaking up of arguments is the norm.

While I know all the exhaustion and hard work is worth it, sometimes those really Good Mommy Moments catch you off guard and you realize just how fulfilling, wonderful and fun being a mom is and can be.

Good Mommy Moment #1
While hanging out with Josh today he said, 'Mom, Me gonna like mine baby bruder!' I love it! I love the fact that he is thinking about it and I sure hope he does like his Baby Bruder!


Good Mommy Moment #2
Minutes ago I pulled Josh out of the tub. I am lucky enough that his big sister will wash him and get him all cleaned up - What a blessing that is! But I pulled him out so that Brooks could finish rinsing her hair and as I started to dry him off he looked at me with the biggest grin on his cute little face and said, ' I'm Happy!' Those words melted my heart! What more can a mom ask for?

Motherhood is Good!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Made my day to read this! Just so cute and genuine. Give him a hug for me. :) :) :) :)

Nicole said...

I got to rock my baby to sleep in my arms last night. She tucked her head on my shoulder, she patted my back and waited for me to sing and rock. I love it!!!

Amy said...

Ooohhhhh...love him! Too cute, Joshy!! Thanks for sharing a bit of what my life will be like in couple years....my hugs and snuggles are pretty good, though!!

Julie said...

That's nice! Joshie is a cutie!

Lindsay said...

Yea for good mommy moments! We need more of those positive confirmations in our lives!