Friday, January 16, 2009

Brookie Turns SIX

Six years ago a little whirlwind joined our family. Little did we know what she would have in store for us. It didn't take long for it to be evident that raising this little girl would be an adventure full of love, noise, emotion, tears and excitement. Brooklynn never ceases to surprise us. Steve and I were discussing the other day about how Brookie wakes up in the morning. She is usually happy and she wakes up saying in her own head, "Here I am world, let's have a fantastic day!" We are very blessed to have her in our lives and this mommy can say she has learned a lot about being a mommy from this little Angel!
"A girl is innocence playing in the mud,
beauty standing on its head,
and motherhood dragging a doll by the foot."
- Alan Beck
"Attitude is a Way of life"



"Forget the sugar and spice,
Girls are Made from
Real Heart, Guts, and Soul"




Now for 10 Things that make Brooklynn loved by me.

  1. She is very loving!
  2. She is a wonderful friend and is always there to take care of and comfort someone who needs it.
  3. She is beautiful
  4. She is smart and is turning into quite the reader
  5. She is determined, this girl has a mind of her own and is ALWAYS right. (Hmm I wonder where she gets that from)
  6. As her Auntie Julie has told us often, "She has Disney Princess Eyes!"
  7. She is the only person I know who can fall on her face while standing perfectly still.
  8. She is always willing and wanting to help me in whatever way she can. (If only I was better at letting her help!)
  9. She loves her brothers and her Daddy unconditionally, even when they all drive her nuts!
  10. She has an amazing memory and loves to TALK and is enthusiastic about life!!!

I actually could go on. Steve and I have been very blessed with this amazing little person to raise and boy oh boy do I hope and pray we do a good job.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKIE KAY!



















































7 comments:

Kendra said...

Hey nice facelift on the blog. I haven't been as good about blogstocking since I started FB. Too much to do so little time...right? Hope the b-days were good!

Jeni said...

First I want you to know that I love her name.
Second she is gorgeous! She looks sooo much like yoU! Happy birthday!

Nicole said...

I love the pics of her growing up! And I love the 10 things about Brookie! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Proud Momma said...

Happy Birthday Brookie!!! We thought of you on Drew's birthday too!

Julie said...

I am laughing my butt off about how she's the only person you know who can fall on her face from standing perfectly still. Hahahahaha! I love my Brookie Kay too. She is so precious! Even when she's gone super sonice! Happy Birthday Brookie!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to Brookie! I can't believe she's 6 already!

Melissa said...

She is beautiful and so cute!