Friday, August 01, 2008

A Little About Josh


My little baby is getting so big! Everyday he becomes more and more like a big boy and it makes me so very sad, but excited all at the same time. He is so fun to have in our family and keeps us all laughing. He is like his Daddy in that he LOVES to get a reaction and LOVES to make us all laugh. He is so sweet and snuggly too and although he wasn't an exceptionally lovey baby, he is as a toddler. He is also totally a mama's boy and doesn't like me out of his sight. Going to nursery at church has become an ordeal because he doesn't like it when I leave him. Hopefully this phase will pass. In the last couple of weeks he has learned how to say I Wuv OOOOOO! and boy does it give my heart a tickle. He will even say 'I wuv ooooo too' It is so dang cute and he will randomly come up to me durning the day and tell me he loves me. He also loves to give me hugs and will come over and say 'a hug' of course how can I resist and then because I used to tell him to sqeeze me tight he will now say, 'Queeeeeze' at the top of his lungs and sqeeze me tight. It is one of my favorite "mom" moments these days.

Two nights ago I woke up at around 2:30 and realized that Steve had fallen asleep on the couch with the TV on. Being the wonderful wife I am, I got up and came out to turn it off and try and get him off the couch and into bed. When I came around the corner I could see some really blonde hair sticking out of the recliner. Steve was still dead asleep on the couch and Tater was watching some dinosaur show on Discovery Channel. (BTW he has been asking to watch Dinosaurs since then). He was wide awake and just having his own party in the middle of the night. When I put him back to bed I noticed that he had moved his pillow over to Ty's bed and had tried to tuck in with him. As it turns out he is my kid that loves to sleep with someone right next to him. We have randomly found him sound asleep next to Ty a few times.

Alright I will stop rambling on now, but I just had to get those stories written down before they slipped my mind. Also, my picture from Canada are coming, I just have to find the time!!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

That is so funny that he was just wide awake hanging out watching Dinosaurs. Hahahaha. That is so cute. I love him. Tell him that Ju Ju wuvs him!

Proud Momma said...

that is hilarious! I found Brayden in Drew's bed last night all curled up beside him...doesn't that just melt your heart?

Kendra said...

Cute little Joshy, isn't so little anymore! He is a little man. Love the stories! What a cutie!

Nicole said...

Can't wait to see you all! Beach on Tuesday?