Saturday, August 09, 2008

Canada 2008 - Finally!




As I'm sure most of you can tell, I have not done much blogging lately. I'm not really sure why, but today I am back with it. We have had a great summer and since I have not mentioned our trip (me and the kids) to Canada, here it is.


  • Flew to Canada and upon arriving drove right out to the Cabin. YEAH!
  • Had a wonderful week at the Cabin with Marilee and kids, Julie, TJ and their kids and Nana and Granddad.
  • We spent some time on the lake
  • Josh went on a tube ride with me
  • Tyler learned to water ski!!! Yeah Tyler, it was super cute and it only took him three times. He never stood up, but was more than comfortable riding around on them while squatting! It was so awesome
  • Some of us went on a small hike right in bear territory, thanks to Granddads Blow Horn we all felt somewhat safe. We were really supposed to go on a different hike, but we didn't find the right trail until after.
  • Brooklynn and Josh and Garett had strep throat, they were all very sad for a couple of days!
  • We made smores by the fire
  • Basically it was just all a great time!
  • The kids and I went back to Calgary and spent a few more days at Nana and Granddad's
  • We went to the mall, the movies, hung out with friends, saw some of my cousins, jump on the trampoline, watched Granddad on the golf course, played and just had a great time!

Brookie, ain't she so cute! She loved the boat, but wouldn't try a tube ride!


Josh was in heaven throwing rocks while we waited for the boat to pick us up!


Even though he didn't want to, I put him in the tube with me. He was so mad at first and kept yelling at me 'NO', but that made me laugh and then he finally started laughing. He even said he wanted to do it again!


Me, wake surfing!


Tater Driving the boat, well kind of - he would not put his hands on the steering wheel!


Brooklynn and Bridegette - Brooks loved her

Granddad took the boys golfing - they had a great time!


Me and my boy on our hike!


The sista's

Here are the two that head up this group! Thanks for being so great!

Ty getting ready to try skiing!



Marilee's students, most of these monkey's got up too! Marilee with Amber, Jackson, Garett, Natalie, Spencer and Tyler


Tyler is just so cute, I had to take this one!

What? A picture with me in it. Now we all know why I stay behind the lense! HAHA!


Tyler, Jackson and Annie

Nothing like eating a really good Smore!



On the mend from Strep Throat!


Bridgette and Avery our very wonderful and amazing Babysitters/Helpers!


I hadn't seen rain or a rainbow in months!


My cute little kids! I love them!
All in all, it was a great trip. It is always so nice to go 'home', it is so beautiful there and the kids had a great time. I loved spending time with my sister's, we had some good laughs! I will post a few of the best pictures from our time - Enjoy

7 comments:

Kat said...

What cute pictures. :) Sounds like you all had a blast.

Julie said...

I forgot about our rainbow at Safeway! This year has been a summer of rainbows for me! I saw another double one up in Park City this past week! Anyways, very cute pictures! i like the one of Ty drinking his juice box. Very cute! Miss you!

Leslierush said...

looks fun and sooo beautiful there!!!

Amy said...

Okay, your kids are just adorable!! We miss have you as neighbors!

Amy said...

So cute!! Love all the pictures! Brookie is soooooo beautiful!!! Love you guys!!diziht

Nicole said...

Fun picks- i can't wait for next year!

Kendra said...

Yeah I love the pictures! You guys look so great! Miss you