Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Few Observations

As our first week of school and potty training draws to a close I have noticed a few things about my life that I would like to point out.

1. My house doesn't seem so small when all the kids aren't home.
2. My house is a lot more quiet when all the kids aren't home.
3. Running errands with only Josh is fun and almost even enjoyable, it gives me time to have some very commical conversations with him.
4. It seems like school goes on forever some days
5. I am excited when my kids come home
6. I love to hear about their days, well really it is just Brooklynn's day because Tyler 'forgets' what he did all day for 7 HOURS - Go figure.
7. It is so much easier to keep things clean
8. Potty Training is going quite well, he is starting to get it. Well at least the #1 part, we are trying to bribe him with a toy for the#2
9. I haven't found potty training as frustrating so far with Josh. He is resistant but compliant all at the same time. We'll see how it continues.
10. Potty Training is the one thing as a mother that I GREATLY DISLIKE
11. I do love having a schedule, now I just need to put my workouts back into it.
12. Reading Scriptures in the morning before we go out the door is so much better than jamming it in at night when we are all ready for the kids to be in bed.
13. And LASTLY, Brooks playing soccer was perfectly cute last night and she loved it and she did really well for her first practice and for never having played before! Yeah Brookie!

4 comments:

Julie said...

You are very observant!!!! Glad things are going well.

Proud Momma said...

I like the early morning scripture idea...I think we'll try that out too!

Kendra said...

Very cute! I love this post! Good words to the wise in there! Post soccer pictures, I would love to see them!

Nicole said...

I also HATE potty trainging! I have to admit I am looking forward to mornings alone with Grace. I have so manythings to get done while she sleeps. I just need to make sure not to schedule too many things in th morning!