Monday, December 19, 2011

Pine Cove

I had the great and fun experience of heading off to camp with Tyler!  I was not initially planning on going, but I decided that I should take advantage of spending time like this with Ty while he still wants me to.  Thankfully I have some amazing friends and a pretty awesome Husband who allowed me to go by helping with the kids and picking up the slack at home!  My kids always love to have the extra dad time when I am gone! Ty and I had a great time and he got to try all kinds of new things.  I have to say the best way to describe what camp was like is "Camp Rock"  from the buildings to the lake this place totally reminded me of the movie.  I was able to stay in a cabin with some of the other moms who had boys there.  Ty was put in a group with a bunch of his friends and a couple of the dad Chaperones.  Here is a brief run down of some of our fun!
  • We got to ride a school bus to the camp near Tyler Texas.  I had the extreme pleasure of sitting on the wheel hump - it was a LONG ride!
  • Tyler got to Canoe, Zip Line, Horseback ride, and a bunch of other activities. Some of the activites were more entertaining than others
  • We both got to pet a 2 toed sloth and see a Lemur up close in the Critter Room, not to mention all the creepy snakes.
  • We both enjoyed archery and I was totally awesome and hit the bullseye 3 times!
  • We also got to see some Falcons and Hawks fly and in Bird Show. 
  • I got to make a whole bunch of new friends and was able to meet a lot of the friends that Tyler hangs out with at school.
Overall we had a great time and I am so grateful for the chance I had to spend so much time with Tyler. I feel like a pretty lucky mom to have such a great oldest child!  He is so wonderful and helpful and kind and super funny!  Love you Ty!

After the zip line - he was one of the first to go and due to a
 Chaperone's meeting I missed seeing him, but go there at the end!

Can you tell he loved it!  I wanted to go, but there wasn't enough time
and there were too many kiddos!


Ty and his friend Grayson


His first time on a horse all by himself.  Actually the only other time he's been on
a horse was on a trail ride with Granddad when he was 2.


The sloth.  He was so Cool to see and feel! 




This is the Falcon we were able to pet! 

No comments: