Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Wasatch Back 2011

I did it again.  I loved it all even when it was hard and I couldn't run (stupid knee).  I still finished even though I may have walked much more than I had planned, even though I slept on the cold hard grass in some park in the middle of the mountains and even though by the end I was completely exhausted - again - like last year.  It was fun and worth it all, especailly to hang out with 5 awesome women! 

I was not nearly as prepared this year, but I went for it anyway and was so grateful to my wonderful Father-in-law for coming to help Steve with the kids.  It was wonderful to get away and find out that my cute Jackson is 2 inches taller than I am and see my other cute nephew and nieces and to hang out with my Mom and my sister!  It is always nice to get away, if only for a minute!
 Van 1 Ladies: Lindsay, Me, Julie, Sheree, Natasha and Claire
 Julie - she is such an awesome runner and I wish I were as cool as her! She ran a Marathon the week before this.
 Me, looking my most beautiful! But the smile shows that I am DONE!
 Me and Mine Sista!
The whole crew!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I still can't believe you all do these things! I would die!

Amy said...

I'm so on the fence about running! Good job...you guys are awesome!