Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A little bit of this and that

BROOKLYNN'S BLANKET

Brooklynn adopted a blanket last year.  It was one we found hiding in a cupboard and it was mine.  I made the blanket in 3rd grade in the quilting club with my favorite teacher Mrs. McFetridge (she was amazing).  It was worn and loved and as this year has passed it has become more worn and loved.  I told my kids that the blanket has been around now for about 26 years - WOW that makes me old!  Anyway, with the fabric acquiring more and more holes I promised Ms. Brookie months ago that we would go pick some fabric and I would help her make her very own tied quilt.  I put it off and put it off, but finally on Saturday we went to the fabric store, with Noah in tow, and picked out some fabric.  Sunday we started it and last night after Brookie tied the last two rows and went off to sleep, my OCD kicked in and I just had to finish up the edges.  Her new blanket is not perfect and I am not by any means a great semstress, but it is cute and I think it too will someday be loved and worn just like mine was.


 
The 26 year old blanket, if you look closely you can see the edges have no fabric left.

The new blanket.  On the way to get fabric I asked Brooks what she wanted and she told me, well it has to be pink - OF COURSE.  I think it turned out pretty adorable!


THE HONOR ROLL

I love this kid!  He is amazing and wonderful and as I always tell him I am pretty lucky that Heavenly Father sent him to me.  This year he has worked hard, he has had some struggles, he has grown up so much and is becoming such an amazing and talented and responsible person.  He is also getting quite the sense of humor and often has us laughing.  His laugh is contagious and when he really gets laughing Steve and I LOVE IT.  In fact Steve LOVES to get him laughing really hard because it is so funny.  I love him so much that sometimes it hurts my heart a little that he is getting so grown up!  Because of all Tyler's hard work he made the Honor Roll at school.  In fact he was on the Honor Roll the whole year.  We are super proud of him and the great guy that he is!

4 comments:

julie said...

so cute Heather!! Tyler is getting to be such a big and handsome boy!! I know what you mean about your heart hurting. They have honor roll there? Wow. My kids don't even have homework! haha. Good for Tyler. Can't wait to see the kids again!

Amy said...

I remember the rainbow blannie!! So cute... Brooklynn's turned out cute!

I thought of Tyler the other day...going to his one year b-day party at the church! Don't know why but I did...he's growing up so fast and is (always has been) so handsome!! Good job in school! Hope he keeps it up, right?

Marilee said...

TOOO CUTE!!! I love the blanket! You may have to teach me cause Garett's blanket has dissolved into nothing (and disappeared...literally....we lost it!). He has been such a trooper about it that maybe if he and I made a new one it will be special just like his old one!

Nicole said...

I love the blanket! Well done girls!