Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gratitude~

After reading a most Inspiring Book ('raising Happiness' by Christine Carter) and getting a few fantastic and simple ideas for making our mostly Happy home even HAPPIER (who doesn't want that right).  I have gone about trying to teach my kids and myself and my husband to be more Grateful or just more aware of all that we have to be Grateful for.  We had a lesson about 2 weeks ago on Gratitude and started a Gratitude BOX.  Each day or so we write and encourage the kids to write what they are grateful for.  Then once a week, for us it is on Sunday, we sit down and read the things that have been written.  We have been doing this for just over a week and already I am Grateful that I felt inspired to do it.  It has made me so much more aware of things to be grateful for and it has also helped my kids. 

So today I have decided to blog my grateful list because TODAY has been a truly good day.  I know the challenge is really in being Grateful on the not so good days, but why not celebrate when I can right!
  • Noah finally learning to roll from Tummy to BACK!!! We all cheered him on and he was not quite sure what to think, but I am pretty sure he was thinking, "Well Holy Cow, this is a fantastic new move"
  • That my good friends Husband and Children were not injured in their car wreck on Saturday
  • That we had so much fun at dinner tonight and laughed while the kids drank their 'SMOOVIES' and got mustaches from them (that is how Tater says smoothie)
  • That I fit into my 'skinny' jeans and by the end of the day they were kinda big
  • That I got to work out today and my knee felt good
  • For the Rainbow we saw
  • For mine and my children's wonderful friends
  • For Noah and his cuteness and his delicious kissable cheeks
  • For Tater and his smile
  • For Tyler not putting his backpack in the middle of the way after school
  • For Brooklynn and her ever Happy Outlook
  • For Steve and all his hard work
  • For the Joy and Love I feel from my 4 wonderful babies and an Amazing Hubby
  • For my faith
 

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Love this and so glad you shared it! (in fact, I'm just ordering that book right now...it sounds fabulous)

Amy said...

LOVE it!! Thanks for helping me to stop and think about all that I'm grateful for!!

I want to do a "Grateful Box"...would that be silly with just myself and Silas?? :)

Love you!

Marilee said...

great idea! I think I'm going to do it too! We could all use a little more Happiness!

Nicole said...

I love that! Maybe will we start one too!