Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sleepy Boy!

We have had a great week this week. Nana decided to drive up for a few days since we uninvited her for Christmas. Steve was gone for the week for work meetings so it turned out super well. I didn't have to be the lone mommy all week and I got to spend some time with my mom. We had a great time running errands, getting the last minute Christmas stuff all done and enjoying my crazy kids. She has been a wonderful help and the kids love having Nana around.

Steve got home late on Friday or early on Saturday depending on how you look at it. Yesterday we took the kids to tell Santa what they wanted, but the stupid place wouldn't let me take any pictures, you could only buy a package. Josh was not a fan of Santa, the minute he saw him he started freaking out, oh well, maybe next year right.

Josh has been having some sleeping issues since we took his soother away. He wakes up by 6:30 and won't go back to sleep. It has been driving me crazy and I just keep getting more and more exhausted. So, this week on Wednesday he slept until almost 7:30 and I thought, wow finally, maybe we are on a roll. Well I was wrong because on Thursday he was up at 5:30 and would not go back to sleep. Since Nana was here and Steve was gone Brookie was tucked in with me, so I had no choice but to try and lay on the couch with him. It was a lost cause and I finally just turned on 'Cars' for him to watch. Friday he slept in again until 7:30 and then Saturday up at 5:30. What the heck is wrong with this kid? Today because church is in the afternoon, that means no nap. I brought him and Nana home from Church and then went back over for Tithing Settlement. Nana put him in his highchair to have something to eat and started getting some things ready for dinner. As she was working she finally realized Josh was being really, really quiet and turned around to find this......


So cute, I love it and I think he is my only child to ever fall asleep in his highchair. After taking the pictures, for which I am so grateful she thought too, she cleaned him up and got him in his PJ's. They then enjoyed some snuggles on the couch until the rest of us got home!
Thanks for a great week Nana! We love you!

6 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh my gosh Heather...Dallin has been doing the same thing and its driving me NUTS! (this morning was 5:00am) I totally feel for you in the exhausted department. I don't know what to do!! If you find something that works let me know. :-)

J. D. said...

Don't you just love moms what would we do without them! Christy

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

Great pictures!!! He is to cute!!!

Proud Momma said...

That is hilarious...I think all of my kids have done that! Love it

Kendra said...

Love that little Joshy!!

Lindsay said...

Those are awesome pictures! I got some of Madison like that, but not when she was that little. It was like a couple of months ago. Too funny! Sorry about the sleeping issues, that totally sucks and I wish I had advice for you, but alas, I don't!