Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Strep Throat and Beautiful Flowers!


You have to love Strep Throat. After finding out that the Fever Brooklynn had on Sunday morning and then again on Sunday Night when it was 102.8 (in my opinion that is higher than I am comfortable with) was due to Strep Throat, I thought and hoped that I would not get it and that the boys would not get it. Well, after having a really bad headache and upset stomach all day, I decided to examine my own throat because it was starting to feel sort of scratchy. Indeed it looked a little funky so I trucked us all off to the Dr. again today and yep I have it. I only remember having Strep one other time in my life. It was over Christmas and we were going to Florida. Anyway, I am holding out that Ty and Josh won't get it, but who knows for sure.

On a lighter note, when I got home on Sunday night I noticed that my rose tree named 'First Prize' was in full bloom along with everything else around here. It is so beautiful, so I took some pictures of it. Enjoy!


'First Prize', I'm not sure why the kids call the tree that, I think it is the color of the flower or the name of this particular tree. The kids and Steve bought it and planted it last spring. Ty and Brookie on Easter


Brady making sure his money was in his pocket, you never know when you'll need some cash

Josh on Easter Sunday, this was the only picture I got with my camera because he was to busy exploring and being crazy.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Your kids are so cute! And that rose bush is so pretty! Sorry you have strep, i dont think I have ever had it.. knock on wood!

Empey Times said...

Love the roses! They are amazing! You had better treat the other two children for strep too--it seems once it starts everyone gets it. Love you guys. Love the Easter pictures!

Nicole said...

The flowers are awesome! I took some pics in my yard too and will post soon- I love spring! I'm so bummed for the strep throat though- hope you feel better VERY SOON!

shannon said...

hope everyone is feeling better now! poor kids, they all probably got it together when you were at julie's? she said she was in the hosptial for a day with Jack. good on the first prize roses...they are amazing!

Julie said...

Beautiful Roses. I'm looking forward to things blooming here. It sure seems like its taking a long time! I'm glad you're feeling better now, and I miss you lots!

Marilee said...

Sorry bout the dr's trips! Seems to be a theme in our family these days. I'm headed off this morning for Logan to get checked! So the rose bush makes me want to just BAWL. I had 2 BEAUTIFUL rose trees like that in front of my house in CALIFORNIA!! They were GORGEOUS! I miss them! Especially since CO is so bloody freezing. Anything that blooms dies the next day cause the weather forgot its the MIDDLE OF APRIL!!!!!!!! Love You :-)