Thursday, October 19, 2006

Memories....

So today as I was filing through my old photo albums, I found a few gems that I felt the need to share. There are many more where these came from, but I could only pick a few. I was saddened to learn that somewhere in the endless abyss of boxes in my garage I cannot find a box with some of my photo albums and year books. I am now on the hunt for it. So without any more ramblings here they are!
So, this one is me and Marilee (incase you didn't know). I believe I went down to visit her at BYU one weekend to take the ACT. Marilee do you have a copy of that picture of us up on your shelf?) You have to love the hair and the bright yellow and red plaid shirt. Julie, remember this one? I think this was a stop in Helena Montana on our way to BYU my sophomore year. In fact, I think this was actually the day before I met Steve. Julie and I were driving in my car and we decided it would be funny to turn our clothes backwards while we were driving.

This is one of my favorites because it perfectly captures TJ as the punk he was before his Mission. Well, I guess he is still a punk, but not in the same way. This is long before he and Julie even met. The girls all loved he and he's Garth Brooks singing self.


And finally, I just love this picture. It is of me and my Granddad! It is one of the only ones I have of me and him. Cute right - and boy was he one handsome Granddad.

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Where to begin! These pics are hilarious! The one of you and me dates us terribly. Nice Mickey Mouse comforter (Shae had the matching one) and nice shirt I'm wearing! It's awful! BUT, I am SOOOOO glad you didn't put the one of us that is on my shelf up! I don't even remember when/where we got that thing taken! From what I can see it is TERRIBLE!! So then the one of you and Julie in backwards clothes is hilarious too! Funny how everything comes back around...my kids actually have "backwards" day at school where they wear all their clothes backwards! TJ...well he hasn't changed much! And Granddad...oooohhhhhh! I love that picture! He IS a VERY HANDSOME Granddad, that's for sure! I love it! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Julie said...

That's so fun! The one of us with our clothes backwards is so funny. As mom's commenting to Julie and Jenny in the other car how safe a driver you are we're turning our clothes backwards! I don't even know how you did that whilst driving--especially since you were in overalls! By the way...TERRIBLE JEANS I'm wearing! The one of you and Marilee is cute and I love that one of Grandad. I'm pretty sure there are 0 pictures of me and him. sad right? As for my husband...not much has changed!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

IS'NT IT SO FUN TO LOOK BACK AT PICTURES!! BEFORE YOU KNOW THE DAY HAS GONE BY AND ALL YOU DID WAS LOOK AT PICTURES!!! BY THE WAY THE FIRST PICTURES WITH THE BLACK AND WHITE POSTERS IN THE BACKGROUND!!! I LOVE THEM. THOSE WERE DEFINTLY A MUST HAVE AT LEAST IN UTAH. I DON'T REMEMBER WALKING IN ANOTHER PERSONS APARTMENT WITHOUT SEEING THEM!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!

angie j. said...

Those pics are rad. I love the one of you and Julie because that is totally something she would have drummed up. So many memories of looong road trips to UT and back. I'm loving the nostalgia!

Empey Times said...

Aren't pictures grand to have around--precious memories!