Wednesday, February 07, 2007

TUBES!

We finally have tubes! Yeah I am so excited and Josh is so happy. He has gone from being a very happy little boy to an even happier little boy. We went in yesterday morning at 6:45 and we were walking out the doors to head home at about 8:10. It went well and after a good long morning nap to come out of his fog he has been all smiles. Well, except this morning when he ate some dog poop at my friends house. Totally sick I know, but I'm sure he isn't the only little kid to ever do it. It was pretty sick though and I am hoping he doesn't get any E-coli or anything funky like that. Anyway, back to the tubes, his right ear was worse than the left and the Dr. said that he had to clean out some mucous from the right, but the left just drained. So, now that he can hear well, he laughs and talks to himself a lot more and we don't seem to be quite so loud when we do it. He is all smiles and getting more and more brave with the walking. I'll post some pictures from the surgery center when I get them uploaded!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Yeah, that is wonderful! Are they actually TUBES? Can you see them from the outside? That is really great!! and poor thing with the poop!

angie j. said...

Congrats Heather...From one tube household to another - what a blessing they are! Joshy is too cute - I hope this eliminates the infections. Loved the video of him walking - he's getting big so fast!!

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy for Joshy, and you! I'm sure it was miserable going through ear infection after ear infection. Too bad about the dog poo. Did you call your Dr. about it? Natalie seems to be all right despite having eaten Jackson's poo as a baby! But you know all about that!

shannon said...

that is awesome heather, i am sure both you and joshy will be so grateful that he had that done. i wish i could sympathize with you, but collin has never had even 1 ear infection! but angie told me of the misery with dylan, and i am sure it's awful. i hope this will be the answer!!!

Julie said...

Hooray for Joshy! I'm glad he's doing so good. Give him kisses from me.