Monday, December 11, 2006

Kidney Stones

Well, I have often remembered the stories of my Dad, Marilee, Aunt Lori and Grandpa Scadlock and their kidney stone attacks. Now, I have one of my own. Yep, lucky me last night about 1am, I started with some brutal pain that taunted me and subsided just long enough for me to think I was going to be okay. Then, it came back with a vengence. By around 4:30 I couldn't take the pain any more and got Steve up. Having no family near by, but knowing that on Monday mornings Kendra is up at 4:30 to begin her Monday morning cleaning, Steve called her to once again come to our rescue. I know she and JD are wondering how they ever became friends with the most unlucky ER bound people in the Great State of California.

Anyway, I puked my guts out in the bushes while we waited for Kendra to get here and then we were off to the ER. On the way I wished that I would pass out or something so I did not have to feel any more pain, but soon after we arrived the pain began to subside. This time in the ER we didn't have to wait for 6 hours, thankfully, and we were in and out in about 2 hours.

They did a urine test and found enough blood in the sample to be pretty certain that it was in fact a kidney stone, but they did an abdominal CT just to be certain. And, yes it was, but by the time I had the scan it had passed to my bladder! I am so grateful that it is over. The bad news is that I have 3 or 4 more waiting in the wings. Hopefully I can get that taken care of before they try to come out!

So, those are the events of our household this fine Monday morning. I have to say Thanks Again to Kendra and JD for coming to the rescue. What would we do without you. I'm sure everytime the phone rings they panic and wonder what we will need next. HaHa. WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Honestly we really didn't go the hospital/Doctor so much until we moved here!

19 comments:

Kendra said...

Who knows maybe one day we will have a baby, chop off a finger, slice open a lip, or be violently ill and you can do us the favor. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I would be there again in a heartbeat!! Snuggling with Joshy at 6 am is a good thing.

Heather Palmer said...

Sorry to hear about your painful night! That can not be fun! On a positive note..it makes for a good blog read! :) You had my completely hooked through the entire story!
I have to say...that is a definate plus about being in the US...hospital visits for us or our kids are far shorter than they were at home!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Soooo glad you have good friends to come to your rescue. Mindy and Karen were my rescuers when I had my kidney stone! I don't know what I would have done with out them. Thank you Kendra from Heather's big sister who knows how important good friends are when you have a kidney stone!

Lindsay said...

That sooo sucks! I hope that I can never say, "I know what that's like." Sorry for your unluckiness!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

That is just awful Heather. I remeber my dad having kidney stones and I literally thought he was going to die. It sounds like you might of thout the same thing at one point. Hey, and if you ever want to switch it up you can trade between me and Kendra with the middle of the night or early morning wake up calls!!! We got your back to!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OUCH, Sounds painful - sorry you had to deal with that. I was waiting for you to say you had to wake up the family and take everyone into the ER! I am glad you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

You poor thing! I was wondering why Kendra was up so early on Tuesday morning--I can tell if she is on IM in the wee hours. She must have done the 4:30 am cleaning on Tuesday instead of the usual Monday. I am sure she was happy to "rescue you". I wish they would move closer to us so she could rescue me! I am sure Marilee would be happy to have her here too!

Anonymous said...

Heather- What a horrible experience! Hope everything is better now. Cam and I are glad to be back on blogger and able to hear the updates from your fam. Have a great (and hospital free) Christmas season,
Julie and Cam

Anonymous said...

What's up with all the deleted comments?

Empey Times said...

I had one small kidney stone once, and I have to admit too, that I have never felt pain like it before--would rather have the labor and delivery pain of all seven of my children at once than to have had that small kidney stone--they saw others waiting in the wings for me too, but said they probably would never fall, and to not drink carbonated drinks--but you never do anyway--oh well one more for the books. Can not wait to see you. We too are glad that J.D. and Kendra are there. Did you see Mike's blog recently--it is a joke on Dad, but I bet you could identify with the puking in the bushes. See you soon.

Julie said...

So glad you have JD and Kendra! They are life savers! Tell Kendra I'm jelous she gets to snuggle with Joshy at 6 am.